Friday, May 8, 2009

My Laptop

Hey guys, i bought a new laptop, it is Lenovo G530 ,The configuration is 2GB Ram,Core2Duo,250GB HDD,15" screen, with bluetooth, wifi etc......
The Lap was in FreeDOS, well, i selected it intentionally,so,i wont have to pay for Windows, also i dont like Vista(Its very slow,full of bugs etc etc).....

I Installed Ubuntu 8.10 .it detected my every
 drivers,including my wireless, which was proprietary,so they asked me whether to activate it or not.
The compiz is just gorgeous.....

5 comments:

Shafi said...

whats the graphics config... what u have Nvidia or intel ? usually lenovo comes with intel i guess... right ??

Shafi said...

Do u know how to install new programs in Ubuntu.... am using opensuse. i am addicted to its graphics, and also its much helpful removing virus and troubles. I never got a chance to learn linux kernel.

Mohamed Fasil said...

its intel......
Da,dere will be many programs in the cd itself...
or, u can change ur repositary in synaptic package manager to the online 1....
it will provide many important packages...:)

Unknown said...

atlast you did post abt the laptop!gud..!

Shafi said...

I downloaded a couple of tutorials and mugd all those shell commands. That was easy. :)