Sunday, April 12, 2009

And my home is WIfi............

And finally after some attempts i was able to setup a wireless network @ m home.......
Thanks to BSNL and ubuntu............
well,my connection is BSNL 500c plan,and i got a bsnl type 2 modem with the conection which is wifi supporting,it had a little Antenna too on it.......

Know my laptop is a Lenovo G530 53Q model,with wifi etc.......
It came in DOS so, i had to install any OS in it,well i selected Ubuntu because of its user friendly nature and high graphics,
after i installed ubuntu it showed some restricted drivers available for my wireless
ie, BROADCOM STA Wireless driver..
well, i activated it ......
Den through wired connection i configured my modem by typing 192.168.1.1
den i created a wireless connection by simply clicking o the networks icon and adding a wireless connection,
you will get the SSID , BSSID and if you want u can give a MAC address for security.Soon after creating this wireless network, i was shown connected to the modem.
After that i used the PPPOECONF to trigger my connection,i entered my Username and Password, and Viola........!!!!!!1
i am enjoying the mobility,
well, it feels to great to blog about this sitting in the kitchen with my Mom and sister's kids............

No comments: